Rani Channamma University
Before the Rani Channamma University came into being in 2010, Karnatak University KRCPG Centre of Karnatak University, Dharwad was functioning at Belagavi. The said Karnatak University PG Centre was established at Belagavi in the year 1982, to provide an opportunity to develop access to the students for higher education hailing from North Karnataka Region. In the year 1994 the PG centre was shifted to the present campus of 172 acres of land located at Bhutramanahatti adjacent to the Pune-Bangalore National Highway - 4 at a distance of about 18 kms from Belgaum city. Karnatak University PG Centre has been declared as Rani Channamma University in the month of July, 2010 with the jurisdiction of Belagavi, Bijapur, and Bagalkot districts. It is catering to the needs of the people of North Karnataka by providing excellent opportunities for higher education.
|Nature of Business||Service Provider|
|Company CEO||Koyar Sanlo Rane|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
Rani Channamma University Belagavi will be an exemplar of academic excellence, aimed at to disseminate and advance knowledge in a globalizing world where convergence of inter- disciplinary studies and research is emerging to create a new pool of world-class manpower for the well being of the society.
- Academic building, Administrative Block, Boys’ Hostel and 13 Staff Quarters.
- Broad- band internet facility of 2 mbps.
- 24hrs electricity supply for the University.
- Conference and Gymkhana Hall.
- Computer Lab with adequate numbers of PCs.
- Computer Lab for examination section with adequate PCs, one heavy duty printer, and one 3-in-1 printer.
- Furnished offices with Computers for Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Registrar (Evaluation), Finance Officer, Director, College Development Council and Director PG Programmes.
- Library facilities.
a) Books – 22034
b) Journals - 10
c) Newspapers – 13.
- Health Centre with one visiting Doctor.
- Syndicate Bank.
- Post Office
- To impart innovative and quality education of global-standard, to produce skilled human power.
- To foster educational programmes in various disciplines based on interaction with society and industry.
- To review and design co-curricular activities to develop the overall personality of the students.
- To strengthen professionalism with ethics to enable the students to face the challenges of contemporary society.
- To contribute to the knowledge society through research, publications and applications.
- To promote popular awareness for strengthening the civil society.
- To provide inputs for public policy making.
• To inculcate values of service, sacrifice, equality, justice and commitment in the minds of youth.