That is what "Rittal ¿¿¿ The System. Faster ¿¿¿ better ¿¿¿ worldwide." is all about.
A workforce of 10,000 manufactures and develops "Rittal – The System." on your behalf. Ensuring you stay on track for success. Tap into synergy potential with our sister company Eplan, the leading manufacturer of software for cross-disciplinary engineering solutions.
We never lose sight of our responsibility to the environment and society.
The foundation of success
The company's owners, management and workforce are united by shared values. This is reflected in our successful cooperation and social commitments.
1. The capability and cooperation of our staff harnessed to their goal focused motivation is a key asset of our company.
2. We recognise the correlation between skills and knowledge development, motivation and company success. To that end, we encourage and sponsor our staff in training and further education and to share in the overall company success.
3. We view our customers as partners who determine the success of the company:
- We must satisfy our customers’ wishes and help to solve their problems for they are the guarantors of our future.
- Our products and services must offer clear benefits to our customers in particular with regard to quality, technical capability, range and availability.
4. We must be quicker and better than the competition, and we must prove this to our customers on a daily basis.
5. Our inspiration and creativity result in our competitive advantage. We must, therefore, continually strive to generate ideas and initiatives that can translate into effective implementation.
6. Perfect mastery of our daily business secures our existence and positions us to meet the challenges of the future.
7. Our goal is to develop long term and meaningful relationships on a partnership basis with our suppliers. This requires a strategic outlook based on competitive focused quality, delivery service, price and cooperative problem solving.
8. We focus all of our energies on cost effective designing, developing and delivery of products and services in a professional and timely manner.
9. We are aware of our responsibility to the environment and the world in which we live. We want, therefore, to take part in shaping and improving it.
10. We power the system
– faster – better – worldwide.
We have followed the same principles since the company's foundation in 1961: Power and Vision!
Power is the curiosity to explore something new. Power is focussed determination and imagination; power is implementing findings quickly and in a customer-centric manner.
This power can only succeed with a visionary, courageous entrepreneurial spirit, a dynamic management team, and 10,000 motivated employees from more than 100 different nations.
For a successful future
With great commitment and enthusiasm, we work towards superior knowledge, progress, continuous growth and hence a successful future.
Our shared goal was and still is to surprise customers with solutions that surpass everything they have ever dreamed of. Both then and now!
This is our firm belief (from left to right): Dr. Guido Stannek (President Supply Chain Management), Michael Weiher (President Technology), Dr. Thomas Steffen (President R&D, Quality Management and Service), Friedhelm Loh (owner and CEO), Karl-Christoph Caselitz (Chief of Customer Operations), Hermann Tetzner (CFO)
- 1961: Invention of the standard enclosure: AE is the very first model; foundation of Rittal
- 1964: First Rittal agency abroad, in the Netherlands
- 1969: Production of the large enclosure RS begins
- 1971: First Rittal subsidiary in Sweden
- 1974: Friedhelm Loh becomes CEO
- 1977: Company headquarters relocated to Herborn
- 1979: Further subsidiaries established in Europe
- 1982: Introduction of the power distribution division
- 1982: Establishment of a Rittal subsidiary with its own production site in the USA
- 1983: Introduction of the climate control division
- 1984: Own production site in England
- 1985: Market launch of the new PS 4000 enclosure – becomes a global standard in just three years
- 1988: Tapping into the future market of IT with a new product line
- 1991: Start of involvement in the new German states, delivery centre in Bad Köstritz
- 1993: Start of expansion to eastern Europe and Asia
- 1994: Certification to ISO 9001 and 1997: ISO 14001
- 1997: Modern forwarding warehouse in Haiger
- 1999: Introduction of the TS 8 enclosure platform
- 2004: New RimatriX5 system solution for data centres
- 2007: Launch of Rittal Service International
- 2008: Consulting, products and services combined into "Rittal – The System." based on the TS 8 system platform
- 2011: The company's 50th birthday; TS 8 is a global standard, with over 7.7 million units in use
Facts and Figures
- International headquarters: Herborn, Hesse
- Owner: Friedhelm Loh
- Year of foundation: 1961
- Group: Friedhelm Loh Group
- Sister companies: EPLAN, Stahlo, LKH, Kiesling
- Turnover 2012: 2.2 billion Euros (Friedhelm Loh Group)
- Industries: Electrical engineering, information technology, automotive industry
- Product spectrum: Enclosures, power distribution, climate control, IT infrastructure, software and service
- Worldwide over 11 000 employees
- 1 500 patents
- 300 trainees (Friedhelm Loh Group overall)
- More than 150 service partners
- More than 1 000 service engineers
- 11 production sites with almost 250,000 m² of production space
- 64 subsidiaries
- 40 agents worldwide
- 9 distribution and logistics centres in Germany
- Around 90 warehouses with over 180 000 pallet slots and over 260 000 m² of storage space
- Trade associations: VDMA, ZVEI, BITKOM
- 2.5 million Euros donated to charity since 2000
- Prizes and awards: Top Employer, Axia Award, Rhineland-Palatinate Prize for Innovations etc.
- One of the top six fastest-growing German companies (Accenture), Ranked 80th in the world's top market leaders from Germany (Manager magazine in relation to the Friedhelm Loh Group)
Download our birthday brochure "50 YEARS"
Are you just starting out in your professional career?
Or perhaps you are seeking a new challenge in a dynamic and successful group of companies?
Are you a student, trainee, college-leaver, professional or experienced manager? Our Careers Portal contains a wealth of information covering all aspects of your job application with the Friedhelm Loh Group and its subsidiaries.
"Our goal is to develop long term and meaningful relationships on a partnership basis with our suppliers. This requires a strategic outlook based on competitive focused quality, delivery service, price and cooperative problem solving."
This is Rittal’s seventh corporate principle – and our guiding principle for global sourcing. We strive to achieve optimum prices, quality, availability and innovation. And we do so in constant and close collaboration with internal partners such as research and development, quality management and production and with external partners – our suppliers.
Our success on markets around the world and our customer satisfaction depends to a large extent on the upstream services provided by our global suppliers.
Efficient processes working with suppliers are key to achieve optimum efficiency and quality in the supply chain right through to our customers.
We attach great importance to openly sharing information and a willingness to work closely with our partners.
As a basic prerequisite for a long-term supply relationship, we expect uninterrupted and flexible supplies of a consistently high standard at competitive prices.