- SIGMA releases a range of filters with a new concept that suit the new "SGV" range of high optical performance lenses.
- SIGMA WR filters enable easier handling while shooting and feature excellent water and oil repellent as well as having an antistatic function.
- These WR filters are available in various sizes, both in "UV" and "Circular PL (Polarizing)". UV type filters cut out ultraviolet rays that would normally have a negative effect on your images. Circular PL filters are ideal for removing reflections on subjects and emphasizing contrast.
- Moreover, we added two types of "Protector" which is to protect the lens surface. Interchangeable lenses are required to perform their best in different shooting conditions and these new range of filters will certainly ensure their performance to the fullest.
- SIGMA WR* FILTER
- SIGMA WR PROTECTOR (Water-repellent, Antistatic type)
- SIGMA WR UV FILTER (UV Water-repellent, Antistatic type)
- SIGMA WR CIRCULAR PL FILTER (PL Water-repellent, Antistatic type)
* WR=Water RepellentSIGMA FILTER
SIGMA PROTECTOR (Normal type)
Thinner frame type : 46mm, 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm, 82mm
Normal frame type : 86mm, 95mm, 105mmSpecial Features1. 4 Line UpsProtector (SIGMA WR FILTER, SIGMA FILTER)
Protector is developed to protect the lens surface from dirt and dust as well as scratches. It is an ideal filter for regular use as it is completely colorless so does not affect color reproduction.UV (SIGMA WR FILTER)
UV filter prevents the bluish tone that generates when the weather is fine, by absorbing ultraviolet rays. It is effective in most situations, such as landscape, portrait and general photography on a sunny day. It is also an ideal filter for regular use as it is completely colorless so does not affect color reproduction.Circular PL (SIGMA WR FILTER)
Circular PL filter removes the reflection of water surface and glass windows, and increases the contrast in landscape photography.2. Optimized design for SIGMA lensesDesign that is conscious of optical quality
It is designed to avoid vignetting or the decrease in peripheral light quantities especially when the thinner wide type filters are used with SIGMA lenses.Ultra Low-reflection
By incorporating Sigma's Super Multi-Layer Coating, the filter reduces flare and ghosting. In addition, black rimmed glass eliminates unnecessary internal reflections, and provides high performance for both digital cameras and film cameras.