Products & Services
Vishnu Indane Gramin Vitrak
Indane is today one of the largest packed-LPG brands in the world. Indian Oil pioneered the launch of LPG in India in the 1970s and transformed the lives of millions of people with the introduction of the clean, efficient and safe cooking fuel. LPG also led to a substantial improvement in the health of women in rural areas by replacing smoky and unhealthy chullahs with Indane. It is today a fuel synonymous with safety, reliability and convenience.
LPG is a blend of Butane and Propane readily liquefied under moderate pressure. LPG vapour is heavier than air; thus it normally settles down in low-lying places. Since LPG has only a faint scent, a mercaptan odorant is added to help in its detection. In the event of an LPG leak, the vapourisation of liquid cools the atmosphere and condenses the water vapour contained in it to form a whitish fog, which is easy to observe. LPG in fairly large concentrations displaces oxygen leading to a nauseous or suffocating feeling.
Suraksha LPG hose, flame retardant aprons and energy efficient Green Label stoves are recommended to enhance safety measures while using LPG as fuel.2010
- 5.8 million customers covering every corner of India
- Every second LPG cooking gas connection in India is an Indane
- The world’s highest LPG bottling plant – situated 3500 metres above sea level – is at Leh
- Each day, the Indane distribution network delivers 1.20 million cylinders
- Of the 57.41 million families served by 5500 Indane distributors, 27% are in semi-urban and rural markets
- Indane sales network is backed by 45 Indane Area Offices
- Oil Marketing Companies under the guidance of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas prepared a plan, outlining various new initiatives to be rolled out in next five years. The schemes included in the plan focuses on
- Increase in penetration of LPG to all remote and uncovered parts of the country with a view to achieve 75% coverage of the population from the present 50%. This is envisaged through Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitaran, a small format LPG distributorship and community kitchens
- Better affordability of LPG connection for customers by providing access subsidization towards security deposit of cylinder and regulator.
- Enhancing customer service through
- Services such as SMS/IVRS booking, Toll Free Feedback System, Preferred Time Delivery and Portability of connections
- Products such as Multifunction Pressure Regulators, and High Fuel efficient Gas Stoves.
- Control diversion with the help of Anti Pilfer Device.
IndianOil was the first company to introduce the concept of LPG rural marketing. This concept was mooted largely to counter the extensive deforestation that takes place in rural areas. It has since contributed immensely to the preservation of the environment and helped limit the use of conventional fuels like firewood.
Company doubled its bottling capacity from 1.45 million tonnes per annum to over 3 million tonnes per annum
Conscious of its environment, IndianOil has also tied up with leading manufacturers of ‘Green Label ’ branded LPG stoves by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), giving thermal efficiency of 68% and fuel savings of 15%.
"The sheer size, spread and complexity of its distribution network would be the envy of most fast moving consumer durable (FMCG) companies. "
IndianOil delivers Indane to the doorsteps of more than 63 million customers across the country through a dedicated network of more than 5500 distributors. IndianOil leads the competition with a share of over 49% in the domestic segment currently accounting for 6 million tonnes of the 12.3 million tonne per annum market.
|Nature of Business||Service Provider|
|Legal Status of Firm||Individual - Proprietor|